About the PVS
The PVS is a body of photographers, by photographers. The biggest benefit of being a member of PVS lies in its empowering and unifying vision – two very powerful words for any independently working artist. The PVS is an association backed by industry and thought leaders who have mentored and inspired generations of photographers. The PVS will bring together photographers working all over India under a single umbrella to help the community grow as a whole. Being admitted as a member of the PVS signifies that a photographer is amongst the best in the country.
Key Benefits of PVS*:
- Promoting excellence in Indian Traditional Photography: photo competitions, portfolio reviews, annual challenges and more designed to foster friendly competition and push the envelope.
- Business Support: Access to an empaneled list of partners across India including lawyers, chartered accountants and insurance agents to help in running a smooth business and for help when the need arises.
- Learning & growth: Photography workshops, classes, seminars and other activities designed to help even the most experienced photographer enhance their creativity and vision.
- Access to Industry Resources: Continuously updated resources including lists of second shooters, cinematographers, editors, album designers, drone operators and more across the country.
- Meet-ups: PVS organized meets in various metros across India for mixers, fun and getting to know each other.
- Inclusion to the PVS Photographer Directory: A listing of the best in India by the best in India. Zero commissions, zero hassles and complete transparency.
- Collaborations: PVS organized phot walks, challenges and photography themes designed to encourage wedding photographers to work together (for the fun of it!).
* The PVS is currently in it’s infancy – and membership benefits will be added in due course.
Excel through Rewards & Recognition:
The WPAI stands for setting and raising the bar for wedding photography in India. Members of the association have a tremendous opportunity to further demonstrate creative and technical excellence via PVS Traditional Photography Contests. Through PVS contests, members receive yet another tool by which to further their creative journey while drawing the attention of their prospective customer audience. The members of the jury for the contests are a rotating panel of photographers from various genres and have been practicing their craft for years.
PVS contests also create opportunities for great rewards in the form of titles and professional recognition within the Tradition Photography industry. The PVS will every year recognize amongst its members the PVS have the distinct privilege of keeping/displaying this prestigious trophy for one year. Further details of the PVS contest will be released in due course.
Obviously all of the above mentioned benefits translate into higher earning potential for the photographer.